Friday, November 10, 2006

Vibrant hues and rustic shoes.

Vibrant hues and rustic shoes.
feeling: excited

Dinner at Ceci's last night was good, though I felt really klutzy lugging around so much of my barang barang. And I finally met her much talked-about Baby, Porridge and Sunrise. And there was that crazy nautical theme she had in her room, to complement her SpongeBob toys I assume. And got tempted with Cheetos, my ultimate vice. Urghs.

Anyway, allow me to announce:

I'm going to Bali! Yes, yes, yes, I am going to Bali! After weeks of planning, sourcing and agonizing, we've finally bought ourselves our tickets to the Island of Gods. Goodbye travel planning, hello Bali!

We've saved ourselves the headache of choosing between Matahari and Hardrock, and instead settled on Febri's, this pocket-friendly beach-front resort. It's not ogle-worthy, but you can check out the website here. There's still that tiny airport transfer glitch we've yet to iron out, but... I'M GOING TO BALI! -spins around in circles-

And guess what. I've worked out my finances, and it turns out that I've got the moolah for the Thailand trip as well. Much of my day was spent sourcing out hotels in Bangkok, Koh Samui, Hua Hin, Pattaya... and finally, I chanced upon this gem that made the six hours I'd spent on sourcing all worth it.

It's kinda Hotel 1829-ish, very artsy, very drool-worthy, very very very enticing. I'm absolutely in love with Room 404! Splurging on this hotel would equate to a much smaller shopping budget, but my heart's telling me its worth it. Time for a pow-wow with my travel mate. What say you Ceci?

Haven't done much work today, naturally. My hopes of settling 101 in a day (I know it was pretty ambitious to begin with) were dashed the moment I embarked on the quest for the best hotel deals. Once you click, you can't stop. Haha!

I'd better try to squeeze some studying in before my afternoon swim with my bitch. And I think I'll take myself down to one of the cafes in the post-afternoon lull for abit of reading before dinner with Ja.

Off I go for a bit of 101 reading. Night world.

No comments: