Sunday, November 26, 2006

Mind your manners.

Mind your manners.
feeling: thoughtful
music: john mayer - quiet

The dictionary describes it as "well-bred social behavior". Does friendship automatically give one the ticket to non-consequential rude behavior then?

It's tricky, for the line dividing good manners from bad is extremely fine and very much dependent on the relationship rules. Does a "you know, that's the way I am" justify poor behavior? Or are my standards of appropriate social behavior unrealistically high?

People tell me I'm too nice, and too polite. Just because I don't take to snarling doesn't mean bad manners slip me by unnoticed. A smile merely means tolerance. And it definitely isn't an invitation to step all over me.

I'm not saying I have excellent manners. I have a tendency of speaking before I think, but I do try not to be rude. And honestly, does it not gnaw at your conscience to be less than polite?

Time for bed. I'm hoping to do a morning run before the world wakes up.

No comments: