Sunday, November 26, 2006

Cake, friends and enough books to blind.

Cake, friends and enough books to blind.
music: augustana - boston

Coffee and cake at Gloria Jeans with Jem; books I picked up at the Bras Basah book fair.

More books I picked up at the library after; my whole stash of books; cheese, crackers and Sangria.

I've always enjoyed the idea of spending a lazy Sunday afternoon browsing flea markets. An afternoon checking out dusty second-hand books is pretty fab as well. It's my inner bookworm talking, haha.

$15 got me six books. Quite a deal huh? You'd think I'd have stopped at that, 'cept that I went on the the library and got myself another four. Ten books. I've sure got my vacation covered.

The librarian informed me that I'm not supposed to bring the library books overseas, but Justin has informed me otherwise. Any advice? This is rather important, for I do wish to hit Bali and Bangkok armed with my library-loaned travel guides.

I've finally gotten my family a subscription to Discovery Travel and Living! And I thought I'd replace the usual tv grub with cheese, crackers and Sangria. You know, bringing your tastebuds on a journey of sophistication as your mind wanders while you watch the travelogue playing on tv? Haha.

I've always wanted to try Sangria (a Spanish drink of red wine mixed with lemonade, fruit, and spices) but I've never gotten around to tasting it. Never been a fan of wine, reds especially, but this sounds interesting enough. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Time for bed. Two hours of travel research has left me exhausted. Planning on a swim before tomorrow's meeting.

No comments: