Thursday, November 02, 2006

Silence reigns.

Silence reigns.
feeling: empty
music: better than erza - our last night

Did today's rain add a certain melancholy, or is it just me?

The sudden rainstorm that sent the sun into hiding is making me brood. A kaleidoscope of whirling thoughts. I hate having to make them comprehensible, 'cos sometimes, I can't fathom me.

Frankly, talking seemingly makes things worse than they actually are at times. I'm not a fan of explaining myself; I usually lose myself talking. Then again there are times when I do want to talk, but only to the right people who understand. Urghs. See what I mean about talking myself silly?

Then again, I've realised how much we humans love to talk about ourselves. We listen, and then we zone out gathering our points to bring up the moment the other stops talking. Haven't we all been guilty of that? I know I have, despite all my proclaimers in the above paragraph.

My dad's a cheeky man. I was on the couch with a plate of apple and orange cubes. He saunters over. I offer the fruit.

Me: You can only take the apple.
Him: Why?
Me: 'Cos you're coughing.

And so he takes a cube of apple. He remains standing there so I offered the plate again. He shakes his head and walks off.

He returns two minutes later. By now, Grey's Anatomy had started and I was semi-engrossed. Seeing him approach from the corner of my eye, I offered the plate again. Sensing that I was occupied, he took a cube of orange. I turned.

Me: Hey!
Him: What! Wow, this orange is sweet.

I start giggling.

He laughs and helps himself to another cube.
Him: Really sweet.


Haha.

No comments: