Sunday, November 12, 2006

Trippin'.

Tripping'.
feeling: unsettled.
music: missy higgins - scar

Travel planning for Thailand has hit a hiatus; agencies aren't opened on weekends. I'm getting a little tired of sourcing and planning, but I'm not complaining. I like knowing as much as I can about the possible places we'll be visiting and all. It makes me more confident of taking care of ourselves when we head over. But Ceci, please do give your two cents worth. Forwarded you a mil emails, time for you to choose ay?

I should be concentrating on my exams, and I intend to. I've over-estimated the amount of time I have for preparation, so it's time to buck up. Easier said than done though. I'll go nuts if I had to eat, breathe and sleep those notes every single day. I love life too much to do that, and that really can be a vice.

So much has been going on since the last time I sat down to blog proper. I can't possible barf all my stored thoughts out here, but there was the last CS102 lecture that sprinkled a bit of clarity and direction in my day.

My lecturer filled us in on the journalism opportunities in the upcoming semesters, and I got really excited by gofar as well as the travel writing practicum. In all honesty, my mind had started to wander when he started talking about gofar, and Daph and I were excitedly whispering about the program when he dropped the travel writing practicum bomb.

I've always loved travelling, and travel writing was a hope I harboured but never quite accepted. It sounds so glamorous and out of reach. The market's saturated with travel journalist wannabes, and there are so many more gung-ho people out there whom I think would be better suited for such a career. People who wouldn't think twice about jumping off a 3,000 foot cliff or diving with sharks.

I'd love to be like that though. Live for the moment, with the heart of a lion. Haha. But it's tough. I'm human. Extremely human.

And of course, I think of myself as still very much a tourist; not quite yet a traveller.

Such thoughts and self-doubt do nothing to fuel the drive, I know. I'm just ranting a little.

But it was extremely touching when Lays and Charmain turned to me immediately when he mentioned the practicum and told me it was right up my alley. :)

No comments: