Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Load off my bagck.

Load off my bagck.

Judging by the casual way I slipped in the news of my finalised Bangkok travel plans, you never would have guessed that I'd strategically timed and phrased my words. I really wanted to avoid the "what, you're going on two trips in three weeks?" reaction, but my concerns were unfounded. My mom didn't even attempt to change my mind about visiting Bali this time around, haha.

So, no more nagging thoughts at the back of my mind. I'm leaving; free as a bird, and with my heart light as a feather. Hello airports; hello beaches; hello Chatuchak; hello shopping; hello, hello.

Or so I hope. The melancholy that I've shaken off easily enough's catching up. It's probably got to do with the free time I now have, but busying myself silly still seems like avoidance to me. And avoidance is a form of cowardice.

My plan for an early morning run was abandoned, yet again, this time due to rain and cramps. (Sunday's run turned out to be a late morning one where I had to skirt my way around fellow joggers, dog lovers walking their best friends, and aunties lugging their groceries home from the market.)

Speaking of skirting around human obstacles - I detest that. It takes the joy out of a workout that is meant to center and declutter your mind. Nothing's quite as enticing as a lonely stretch of road or an empty swimming pool.

5 Takes is on, and the TJs are in Singapore. Backpacking in Little India. Reminds me of my cafe stint there. Heh. Off I go.

*Tried the Sangria. Not a fan.

No comments: