Monday, November 13, 2006

Epicurean adventure at Liang Seah Street.

Epicurean adventures at Liang Seah Street.

The sun went into hiding the moment we hit the pool, and the drizzle started after the 15th lap. By the time the lifeguard blew the whistle, the rain had intensified to a downpour. We sat under the shelter, freezing our asses off, hoping that it was just a passing cloud. We gave up after twenty minutes and hit the showers instead.

The rain miraculously stopped the minute we were done (I don't know whether to laugh or to cry), and off we headed to the National Library at Bras Brasah, where the most humiliating incident happened to me. My arm got stuck in the bookdrop. I was trying to ensure that my book went all the way down the chute, when the bookdrop started making funny beeping noises. To cut a long story short, I yelped, "My arm is stuck!", Mich panicked, but managed, rather calmly, to push the flap open and free me from further embarrassment.

We laughed alll the way over to Liang Seah Street in search for food and the dessert place wooka was telling about.

We got lucky with this stall at Yukee Coffeeshop (or something vaguely similar), at the start of Liang Seah Street. The duck rice and duck mee sua were lip-smackingly good.

Ah Chiew Desserts. Rich rich mango sago, and red bean shaved ice. See our grins? (The table hid our bursting tummies.)

No comments: