Saturday, January 15, 2005

This crazy little thing called love

This Crazy Little Thing Called Love

Love - n. deep affection or fondness for person or thing

What is love? To some, it appears in the most tangible of forms. To others, it is an elusive element they spend their lives in pursuit of.
Just when you think you've closed your fingers around it, it slips through and you're left with a helpless emptiness so great, just like a gaping hole in your gut.
The title of the song's appropriate. Love sure is crazy.

It was quite a realisation, to have two of my closest friends, two whom I haven't really spoken to in awhile, to tell me straight in my face, "You're not happy."
I wanted to argue, but deep down inside, I knew they were right. Don't get me wrong - I do not lead a sad, depressing life. I am generally happy, but I can't ignore the tinge of sadness embedded in the heart of my happiness.

What if I told you that arm on my chair was my momentary antidote? And that tiny tug towards you numbed the sadness with a warm familiarity?

So much has been happening around me recently. I've seen my friends fall; and I've seen them pick themselves up. Is it just me, or are all the fresh smiles from July 2003 looking a little jaded? Maybe each passing year robs us bit by bit of the youthful freshness and fills the emptiness maturity and worldy-jadedness.

Am I oversensitive or do you know something I don't? Are you genuinely happy for me?

No comments: