Sunday, January 23, 2005

S.T.U.M.P.E.D

S.T.U.M.P.E.D

Dare I say it was a success? Well, there were inevitable hiccups, but I think it came close, judging from my personal standards. Yeah yeah I'm bragging, but I can't help it! We've worked so hard! I don't even wanna describe how ecstatic I was when the project was over. My IG dinner kakis will know. Whew. I can now breathe easy. :)

Late Tuesday - Everything Means Nothing

At the drop of a hat I would say yes to your questions

And I would figure a way out to be your friend
And not only that I would love to hear your stories always
Hear your laughter from the phone line's other end

It's simply marvellous what I know of you enough
The things I've heard I like it that much more
And time with you makes my heart grow fonder
But there's just one small thing that I'm not sure

What are you thinking of me?

I haven't figured it out, not yet, not specifically.
And everything means nothing
Till you put into your words
What you are thinking
What you think of me.

And I should make more guesses in the way you make me laugh
As to your intentions with me, with me
All my guesses add up to a whole lot of nothing
So I'll wait, I'll wait, for you to divulge, tell me

What are you thinking of me?
I haven't figured it out, not yet, not specifically.
And everything means nothing

Till you put into your words
What you are thinking
What you think of me.

That is my terrible interpretation of the lyrics to another of my favourite songs. The closest I can get. Been trying but to no avail to get the lyrics online.

I'm exhausted, honestly. Almost fell asleep while watching Shall We Dance. When Richard Gere walked along the streets towards the subway, I had this immense urge to be where he was, to just explore the place. It'd be wonderful if there's someone to share it with, but right now, my heart's content on its own.
It melted though, when Richard Gere came up the escalator holding a single red rose for his wife. Love really is simple. A single stalk can make way more impact than a huge bouquet.
And I knew at that exact moment that I had made the right decision, and reality sunk in. My moment of weakness has passed. :)

No comments: