Friday, January 21, 2005

Sun, Shopping & Friends

Bic Runga - Sway

Don't stray, don't ever go away
I should be much too smart for this
You know it gets the better of me
Sometimes, when you and I collide
I fall into an ocean of you, pull me out in time
Don't let me drown, let me down
I say it's all because of you

And here I go, losing my control
I'm practising your name so I can say it to your face
It doesn't seem right, to look you in the eye
Let all the things you mean to me
Come tumbling out my mouth
Indeed it's time to tell you whyI say it's infintely true

Say you'll stay, don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way, yeah I need to know
All about you

And there's no cure, and no way to be sure
Why everything's turned inside out
Instilling so much doubt
It makes me so tired - I feel so uninspired
My head is battling with my heart
My logic has been torn apart
And now it all turns sour
Come sweeten every afternoon

Say you'll stay, don't come and go
Like you do
Sway my way, yeah I need to know
All about you


It's all because of you
It's all because of you
It's all because of you

That is definitely one of my all-time favourite songs. Dig the tune and the lyrics. Yum.

Today was one hell of a sunny day. -grins- My babes (JH & Mich) and I weren't that bad, as compared to the many lobsters we saw walking around town. The good ol' feeling of beaching feels fantastic. And my tanning khaki is finally coming back from San Francisco! Hope she hasn't gotten conned into the whitening fad or anything over there.

I think I'm almost done with my New Year shopping. Almost. Island Shop sale sounds so so so enticing.
Are shoe salespeople especially cute at this time of the year? I was so tickled by the one at Fila, I had to try so hard to control my laughter when sos was trying on his shoes. Lol.

Jemo has finally drilled some sense into me, with a simple, "this sounds so not like the leigh I know". He's right, and I am so gonna do something about it.
Step 1? Stop procrastinating and make up my mind. I'm gonna get my independence back.

Norah Jones tickets are on sale. $77 is the cheapest. Man. I wanna go so badly, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Am waiting for Justin to confirm if he's leaving the country.Justin and I are gonna form a photojournalist team in 5 years' time. Haha! Idealism idealism.

Faggy's really encouraging about S.T.U.M.P.E.D. You know, I'm nervous about the event. Not sure how it'll go, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Final preparations tomorrow.

I'm blessed. Cat, Faggy, SOS, Brian, Marc, Jane, Justin, Jemo, My Bitch, JH, Mich...
When I've got friends like these, I've got the world. :)

I can't believe I'm still awake right now. I gotta be up in 5 hours' time. Night world.

No comments: