Thursday, January 13, 2005

I've deleted three posts within 24 hours. Cowardice? Maybe.


Words prolly can't describe the elation me, as well as my 3 fellow game-masters felt when the vacancies for S.T.U.M.P.E.D were all filled up within 3 days. An unexpected pleasant surprise.


Finally got around to a proper gym session for the week. Told Marc and Brian that the same time next year, we'd be back in there working out like crazy, trying to pass our napfa. Ah, I wonder how things'd be like when we leave for our SIP. You bet I'll miss the gymming, badminton, swimming, ktv-ing, insane laughter in lectures, hugs... man.

Mr Yeo related his experience during the Student Forum:
Having gotten his university degree with excellent grades, he went for his first job interview at a bank. The interviewer glanced at his grades and said to him, "Well, at least I know you're a thinking person."

How much do grades matter actually? Sure, they get you into good schools and secure you jobs, but at the end of the day, it ain't your grades that get you through work and life as a whole don't you think?
I am a thinking person. So what? This realisation almost makes me want to quit school and live a hippie lifestyle. I'd prolly learn more life skills in a month than I'd ever learn spending a year in school.


MEIT was enjoyable today - not so much the tutorial about exhibitions, but what Mr. Ram told us about press releases, PR managers and journalists. I'm starting to figure out where writing comes into the picture, and liking it quite a bit. :)


Watched When Harry Met Sally after shoe shopping. Was pretty uncomfortable watching it from my PC screen, but we got by haha. Well, it definitely isn't any fluffy chick flick. Sensible, thought-provoking conversations, and a credible plot. Sweet.
Enough with the serious stuff. Gonna indulge in a little Nora Roberts before bed. It's gonna be a loooong day tomorrow. IG meeting; Olympics briefing; S.T.U.M.P.E.D briefing. Hoo-boy.

Looking forward to the weekend though. Lotsa catching up to do. :) And shopping with my crazy bitch's definitely one of the highlights.

No comments: