Sunday, January 30, 2005

All My Guesses Add Up To A Whole Lot Of Nothing

All My Guesses Add Up To A Whole Lot Of Nothing

My supposedly lost beaching pictures have miraculously materialized in my memory card. Scroll down for the photos, as well as some interesting shots of China Square.

It has been an eventful week - experienced many first-times, lol.

The beach in the day exudes a sunny vibrance, but at nightfall, it is a seductive cocktail of calm and allure. The sand was soft, and the tides were low. The sultry sea breeze; the lapping of the waves against the shore; and the warm golden light from pathway lamps made it a perfect escapism from urban life. Lying on the sand, doing nothing but watching the twinkling stars sprinkled across the darkened sky was food for the soul.
A picture of serenity, not! The quiet night was disrupted by my laughing fits. It all started with sos' reaction when I tried to bury his feet in the sand. That silly guy thought my hand was a crab, lol! I was extremely tickled. My "machine-gun" laughter was something that had been missing in my life for a long while, and it was extremely liberating. :)

Last night (Friday) was my virgin clubbing experience, and all 14 of us (me, Jane, Marc, Brian, Fagan, Shaun, Trevor, Jeremy, Chynna, Joseph, Cheryl, Joanna, Kerrie and Angie) partied at Zouk! Clubbing wasn't as complicated as people described it to be, and it was actually pretty fun; despite the fact that I was extremely self-conscious on the dance floor. It was quite an eye-opener too, seeing how liberal clubbers can be. I am not a newly converted crazy clubber, but my skepticism for the activity has certainly diminished. It is something fun to do once in a while, though the after-clubbing supper at Lau Pa Sat was more my cup of tea. :D

I've been up since 830 this morning for project meetings, surviving on merely four hours of sleep. I am so bent on maximizing my last late night of the term break, haha. Went around Parkway for the first time with sos in the late afternoon today, and I had my first Rotiboy bun. It is delicious. Crusty yet soft, it was a melt in the mouth delight.

Met up with Justin in the evening, and down we headed towards China Square. We wanted to change our plans and visit Robertson Quay instead, but we couldn't find a bus that'd bring us there. Dinner was at Vil'age Restaurant, something almost 99% identical to Marche. Like the name suggests, Vil'age is "The Restaurant in a Village". The ambience was wonderful - the decor and music made us feel like we were dining in an Italian courtyard. There were funky signs around too, like the "No Smooching Before Meals" one I snapped. (Scroll down for pictures.) Justin definitely shares my twisted sense of lame humour - we were just making each other laugh non-stop throughout the entire meal. Anymore and he'd have potatoes shooting out of his ears and nostrils, lol. We chanced upon line-dancing and Chinese opera performances, as well as a roadside flea market. Wonderful. I had so much fun.

A week of enjoyment will soon have to end, as deadlines draw near. I hate to have to go to bed. Theme week's on Monday. Eck.

*I wanna tell you the weather is fine/When the night comes around you are on my mind/And I wish you were here with me//I really miss you/Yes I do yeah/I really miss you/I miss you//
I am suffering from BITCH withdrawals. I miss you so much babe, and I am so sorry for my schedule. I can't wait till I get through next week: I'll be yours then, lol!

No comments: