Monday, December 18, 2006

In the cold cold night.

In the cold cold night.



I love live performances. However, the previous Corrinne May concert I attended was rather disappointing, and even bordered on yawn-inducing. Since then, I'd thought that she was better suited for small intimate recitals, but Christmas with Corrinne May on Saturday night changed my mind.

I wasn't too thrilled with her latest Christmas album. That said, she more than redeemed her songs with her live performances. Life! didn't give her too good a review, but I was actually very impressed with the combination of the music arrangement, the live band and her signature vocals. It was soulful and sincere, and sincerity always touches the heart.

Singapore's gotten awfully rainy. However, bitch and I still managed to squeeze in a quick pool workout when Mr. Rain decided to take a break. Went by the library to return my hugeass stack of books, and came home with another four. Only one chick lit novel this time around. I'm refining my taste.

Bitch came by to bang on my piano and practise for her diploma pieces, and we did a quick duet on Salut d' Amor. I recorded it down on Garageband just for kicks, and we laughed ourselves silly listening to it on replay.

Time for dinner. I'm toying with the idea of becoming a temporary vegetarian. But Bangkok will definitely thwart my plans. I think Bali's unveiled my spirituality. Or humanity. That's something worth pondering.

No comments: