Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Frostbite.

Frostbite.
feeling: touched
music: robert downey jr. and vonda shepard - white christmas

Strolling along Orchard Road beneath the strings of fairylights, the smell of pine wood in Ikea, Christmas hampers in supermarkets, carols playing everywhere. These used to get me all hyped up about the season, but I'm surprisingly unfeeling about Christmas this year.

No shopping for unnecessary gifts, no planning of dinner parties, no crazy baking of cookies, no fervent wrapping of presents... I'm not in the mood to set up the tree either.

Perhaps it is the lack of rainy days this December. Maybe I am not feeling particularly merry. Or maybe it is just because the decorations on Orchard Road are horribly mismatched. LOL.

Am up to episode 12 of Season Two - Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer. (You guys may wanna skip the next two paragraphs if you're intending to watch Grey's.)

Christina wakes up and sees an unadorned tree in the living room.
"What's that?" she asked Burke.
"I thought you would like to help me decorate the tree this year. You know, to mark our first Christmas together," he replied.
She stared at him impassively and said, "I'm Jewish." And sailed right out of the front door.

And then, Derek admitted to his ex-wife that Meredith was "not a rebound; not revenge". He had fallen in love with her! Just as I was almost over feeling mortified for Meredith when she marched up to him earlier in the season and said, "Pick me. Choose me. Love me."

Two episodes of Season Two left. I doubt this love triangle will be resolved! I can't bring myself to watch anymore. Not until I get my hands on whatever episodes of Season Three there are.

Watching Grey's Anatomy is akin to dating a pumpkin. It's stupid, but unrelenting gripping. It's a medical show no doubt, but its romantic scenes are way more real and less cliched than cinema offerings of romantic flicks.

Despite that, I want to watch this. It only opens on the 14th, so it'll have to wait till I'm back from Bali.

Picture courtesy of about.com

Actually, I'm starting to feel the Christmas mood already! Alright, gotta get dressed. I'm going out to do my time-tabling, believe it or not. I'm rather amused.

Work's cancelled. Both days. Urghs.

No comments: