Friday, December 22, 2006

The hospitality and tourism business.

The hospitality and tourism business.
feeling: awed.

When did we grow up?

Over a msn catch-up with Mahathir, he mentioned "hopping on the IR bandwagon" as part of his future career plans. The integrated resort. It was the most talked about topic back in my final semester in TP. Lecturers encouraged us to go for it. We encouraged one another to go for it. We debated about it. We wrote papers on it.

The then-ambiguous IR plans are now tangible. While it doesn't surprise me that my fellow HTM mates are all working towards it, what surprises me is how so many of them are holding full-time jobs now.

Just ten months ago, we were rowdy jean-clad flipflop-wearing poly students. When did they grow up? And when will it be my turn?

I packed my Bangkok luggage in under an hour. I am bloody impressed with me. And my travel companion has decided to do up a conversion chart for our shopping. Lol.

No comments: