Friday, September 01, 2006

Morning suppers and piggy-back rides.

Morning suppers and piggy-back rides.
feeling: sleepy
music: jason mraz - bella luna

It's been a long week. Then again, time seemingly passes that bit slower when one lacks sleep. Charlene and Charmain both dropped me messages asking if I was okay after bumping into me at the bus-stop. Guess the zonked-out look doesn't quite agree with me, haha.

The gang has been suppering alot of late! Prata and tehs on Monday, late dinner/supper after dancing on Tuesday, and noodles at a different coffeeshop yesterday. We are a hungry (read: greedy) lot.

Last night's supper was the most eventful of all. Everybody was on a high (from the impending weekend I assume) and it involved robbed slippers, a forced piggy-back ride and an overdose of laughter. The pseudo scandalous piggy-back ride has been caught on many of our camera phones, but the actual names of Mr. S and Ms. C will be omitted, for now.

My running plan finally started this week! Hit the trail with Erwin on Monday evening, and once again with Ede and Silver on Wednesday night. A girl's gotta do something to counter the effects of those late-night suppers no?

Caught up with Jem over coffee last night and he's still going on and on about how life-altering and impactful the convo we had was. Hmmm. But it was good to see him as always. He's prolly one of the few whom I feel really understands when I speak of school related stress.

Closer friends would prolly know about the 'quarter life crisis' i went through earlier in the week... all that mambo jumbo about not finding my center and all. Well, the solution's dawned on me unknowingly and I've unconsciously put it into practice. How's this for self-enlightenment?

Ting Yi has just reminded me of our mid-term test date, which is way nearer than I'd expected it to be. Ecks. But I'm not gonna fret. I'm not gonna do anything too stressful to dampen my weekend dedicated to recharging. Hitting the beach for a run and chill session with Lanxi tomorrow morning. How I've missed that when I'm stuck with NTU's urban jungle trails!

Check out the lyrics of Jason Mraz's Bella Luna. It's a little Jack Johnson-ish, and it's been on repeat mode the whole night. Makes me wanna take off for an exotic beach getaway, like the Bora Bora resort Belinda Jones wrote about in The Paradise Room. How about that Ceci???

Mystery the moon
A hole in the sky
A supernatural nightlight
So full but often right
A pair of eyes a closing one
A chosen child in golden sun
A marble dog that chases cars
To farthest reaches of the beach and far beyond into the swimming sea of stars

The cosmic fish they love to kiss
They're giving birth to constellations
No riffs and oh no reservation
If they should fall you get a wish or dedication
May I suggest you get the best
For nothing less than you and I
Let's take a chance as this romance is rising over before we lose the lighting
Oh bella bella please
Bella you beautiful luna
Oh bella do what you do
Do do do do do

You are an illuminating anchor
Of leagues to infinite number
Of crashing waves and breaking thunder
Tiding the ebb and flows of hunger
You're dancing naked there for me
You expose all memory
You make the most of boundary
You're the ghost of royalty imposing love
You are the queen and king combining everything
Intertwining like a ring around the finger, of a girl
I'm just a singer, you're the world
All I can bring ya
Is the language of a lover
Bella luna, my beautiful beautiful moon
How you swoon me like no other

May I suggest you get the best
Of your wish may I insist
That no contest for little you or smaller I
A larger chance set, but all them may lie
On the rise, on the brink of our lives
Bella please
Bella you beautiful luna
Oh bella do what you do
Bella luna
My beautiful beautiful moon
How you swoon me like no other, oh oh oh


Off to curl up with my issue of Glamour. Night world.

No comments: