Friday, September 22, 2006

Close the curtains.

Close the curtains.
feeling: mixed-up; zonked.
music: jason mraz - i'm yours

I've always wondered how people got by without sleep. Excluding the quick 15-minute shut-eye while waiting for my lunch kakis and a 30-minute catnap before zipping out to meet Charmain, I've gone on without sleep for almost 40 hours. Golly. My body's entered a state of mistaken hyperactivity. I think it's time for a shutdown.

The unexpected expected happened today. A cocktail of potent emotions' coursing through me, waiting to take control. Maybe it'll all hit me tomorrow.

Did we do the right thing? I don't know, but time will tell. It ain't fair to keep up the charade. Not when we know the impending finale. And not when I'm having lesser and lesser time for dress rehearsals.

The play may be over, but the essence of the script remains. Maybe one day, we'll stage a comeback.

No comments: