Thursday, September 21, 2006

Songs from an empty stomach.

Songs from an empty stomach.
feeling: ravenous
music: michelle branch - it's you

I haven't been able to think ever since I started my university term. Everything seems superficial, and I've seemingly lost my ability to critique and to look beneath the surface of things. Or could it be that I've always been fluffy without knowing it? I'd like to give myself a bit more credit than that though.

There are people around me, but I'm kinda in my own world until the gang's done with their filming. Could that be why friends have commented that I haven't been myself of late? "You're here, but not quite here," was something along the lines of what Charmain said I think.

I'm just more zonked than usual perhaps. Operating on four hours of sleep for successive days has become a hard habit to break. I don't quite fancy feeling like I'm about to fall over any minute though. And I'm running away from a decision overdue.

Currently waiting for the gang to finish their filming assignment before we head out for food. It's kinda refreshing sitting over here alone at the CS benches. It's been awhile since I've had the chance to be really alone. I love the company of people, but too much of a good thing is never good ain't it? I was just musing to LM that it'd only be a matter of time before the gang gets sick of one another's company. Till then, we'll just milk it I guess, haha.

Life isn't always a beach holiday. Or rather, I shouldn't always take life as I would a beach holiday. Laidback. Fuss-free. No expectations. Too idealistic really. Aren't the dynamics of friendship strange? Shan't ponder. Time to go.

No comments: