Friday, September 15, 2006

Totality.

Totality.
feeling: relieved
music: the feeling - fill my little world

With a foreign love song playing on my ipod, as bus 179 wound its way on slippery roads past an empty construction site that resembled those I saw in Phuket and Bintan, I could almost make-believe I was on one of my getaways. Everything else, the crowds on the bus, fatigue, thoughts of my unfinished prepping for tomorrow's quiz, faded away. For that moment in time, it was just me and the world on pause. Such unexpected moments really make life worth living.

A conversation about music I had with a new friend last night has given me some new insight. Compare a song about pain with a song about joy. Chances are the former will come across as deeper and more emotive. This is probably so as the writer'd have to dig deeper in his soul for words to express pain, which sometimes can be intangible. Happy songs are really... just happy. And I write happy songs. Could that be why I feel fluffy? When in actual fact I am just happy?

Prepping for tomorrow's Introduction to Communication Studies quiz has seemingly robbed me of my ability to communicate.

On an entirely different note, I've been craving a good dinner out all week. Nice ambience, good food, good company. Stress makes me want to de-stress. Meeting my favourite babe for a long overdue catch-up (it's our excuse to try out the many places we have on our list really haha) tomorrow at New York New York. Hopefully it wouldn't be so crowded we'd have to move our dinner to Raffles City. Which really isn't a bad idea actually come to think of it. Have yet to really check out the many new eateries that have sprouted up during its revamp. The cons of living on Pulau NTU indeed.

Time for bed. Night world.

No comments: