Sunday, September 10, 2006

The secret of the world is written in the stars.

The secret of the world is written in the stars.
feeling: well-rested
music: the afters - beautiful love

Beautiful Love is the theme song for 8th & Ocean, this mtv series about models. I haven't caught a single episode ever since uni started. The season's prolly ended, I wouldn't know, but I loved it while I had (access to) it. Beautiful bods, scandals, drama mama blow-ups... it's mtv at its best.

I haven't been so dilligent in blogging have I? So much for seeking solace in words. Then again, try being in a course that places this much focus on reading and writing; it'll probably put you off doing anything remotely related to words as well. Now this is bad. I thought I loved reading and writing! All that heavy reading's getting to me. Ecks.

For those who haven't bore the brunt of my gripes, here goes. My mid-term quizzes are scheduled for this coming week, and I've got a presentation plus two deadlines due some time these two weeks. Friends who have been silently cussing me for missing in action/ignoring your sms-es (which you shouldn't be doing in the first place), this is my extremely credible excuse. Things will get better come week of 25th September, for that's my supposed recess week. No chance for a quick getaway to some island, but anything would be a holiday amidst this chaos.

It's been quite a week in school.

There was Dance Sport on Tuesday where I learned the basic steps to the chacha. It's kinda weird dancing in such close proximity to my long-time friend YH, but it was fun once the awkwardness settled. While the other couples were dancing in straight lines, we somehow danced in circles, thus colliding several times into the poor dude behind me. Ecks. Haha! But it quite a hoot.

I can't quite remember what my other days were like exactly, 'cept that I managed to squeeze in a run with Silver on Thursday evening. We wanted to try out the 179 route, but took a wrong turn and ended up doing an entirely different route (one that involved cutting across fields haha) instead. And then I managed to steal away post-lecture on Friday morning for my own poolside escape. Managed a quick 12-lap swim before falling asleep in the mild sunshine. Met up with the gang for lunch before zipping over to Charmain's room for a quick gossip session.

Took a long bus ride home with Jason that very evening. Sitting on the bus and looking out as the day slipped into night is truly a simple pleasure. Kinda felt as if the bus was transcending time or something, but I'm over-romanticising I think. Finally got my dose of home-cooked food at night. Buah keluak, chap chye, fish tempera and carrot soup. Comfort, comfort.

I slept a good 12 hours, thus explaining why I'm still up now at 1:37 a.m. Ecks. I need my morning run tomorrow. Better go, better go. Night world!

No comments: