Saturday, May 28, 2005

Thank God it's Friday!

Thank God it's Friday!

I might possibly title each of the next 22 Friday blog entries with the same as today's.
The much anticipated end of the working week has finally rolled around. For the weekend, I'm looking forward to doing what I want to, as compared to what I need to (work, duh).

Caught Monster-in-Law with Jason in the night, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. The movie; the company; the nachos; and the no-fret, you don't have to work tomorrow feeling.
Had a leisurely dinner after that Thai Express at the Esplanade, and we were so impressed by the outlet manager's service that we personally handed him a tip. We've never done that, trust me.

Work today was extremely fruitful and enjoyable.

Learnt heaps from Joyce - preparing and planning for a CIP/VIP/VVIP visit; how to select suitable photographs for different medias; as well as how to burn pictures onto a cd.

Also, Corrina had her assign me to do a welcome speech "by" the president of a certain association. I was so psyched by my first writing assignment, I finished it in less than an hour, way before the Tuesday deadline. Good for me that I wasn't plagued by writer's block, thus the smooth-flowing train of thoughts.

My next writing assignment would be an article on the newly opened IOS. Looks like I'd have to go on a visit to the attraction. Several of my fellow interns and colleagues have been singing its praises.

Pat told me quite a few stories and scandals from the past as well. Some were interesting, some plain weird -like a marriage proposal from a certain king to one of our staff. Haha.

I love my fellow interns in the same batch as me - Cat, Xiaowei, Ailing, Marilyn and Shikin. And it's always nice to see Karin, James and Ross around.
Friendly colleagues and enriching work. What's not to like? :) I'm crossing my fingers things will remain the same, haha.

Possibly beaching, shopping then Rouge-ing tomorrow.
I need a pair of dressy flats before I blister my feet to their grave.

Night world.

No comments: