Saturday, May 14, 2005

Chockful of Kaching

Chockful of Kaching

Faggy's chalet was extremely enjoyable. It was great seeing everybody again, especially Brian and Lester whom I haven't seen in eons. It was good seeing Marc and Fagan too. Would have been good if Jane and Ede were there, but SIP's the culprit.
Learned Rummikup courtesy of Avril, and re-learned daidee, courtesy of Marc. Marco was so dreading work the next day that he couldn't finish his Whooper Jr. student meal. Now that was miraculous. Our train journey home was fun too. Marc and I were in full bitching mode. Lol.

Oh yes. It was a treat bumping into Jazzy, who looked beat after work. Hugs.

Friday was a day of sun, sea and shopping. Spent the earlier part of the day with Lanxi, doing our usual tanning and getting sand in our bikini bottoms routine. I miss the clear sea waters of Tioman.
Post-beaching, we trooped down to town for an extremely healthy Subway lunch, with a side serving of a not-so-healthy cookie. Haha. When we were properly fuelled, we went wild.

I spent close to a hundred bucks on all my wants, and let me tell you, having abstained from serious retail therapy for months to fund my Tioman trip, shopping felt reeaaaaaaaal good.

I picked up:
  • a tee
  • a pair of heels
  • ZA foundation
  • a notebook
  • a novel
  • a crossword puzzle book
  • a pair of shades
  • a pair of earrings
  • a lingerie set
  • a makeup pouch
  • a set of hairclips
  • several ties for my dad and my brother

The Tortoise went crazy when he saw all the shopping bags I lugged to dinner.

My whole Saturday was spent with B, C, and D at Suntec Convention Centre, at The New Paper Wedding Planner exhibition. BK, Cat and Dawn for your information. Lol. We were at war with this certain obnoxious photography shop across our booth. Urghx.

Whilst playing Scrabble with the Tortoise one day, all the possible words that popped into my mind were the names of cartoon characters. It dawned on me that I was getting brainwashed by Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon.

So, fewer cartoons for me this last week of pre-SIP freedom. See, there's a reason why I bought a crossword puzzle book. I intend to stimulate my braincells for my stint as a communications intern. :)

No comments: