Friday, May 20, 2005

Decluttering My Life - Perks and Drawbacks

Decluttering My Life - Perks and Drawbacks

I spent the past two hours clearing my room of all the unnecessary knick knacks. No prowling through old letters or re-reading old magazines today. I was a disciplined woman on the go. I've now got 8 full bags of dusty what-nots tucked in my living room, and 4 bags of old gifts and books to give away.

I've never been into the whole fengshui thingy, but I thought it wouldn't do myself any harm decluttering my room. You know, let the chi flow or something. Now all my room needs is some massive dusting and vacuuming of dust bunnies. Ew. Never been a fan of housework.

Somewhere in the constructive two hours, I've discovered some hidden treasures.
  1. I found my missing Ally Mcbeal soundtrack.
  2. I found my missing Beach Life game.
  3. I have a thesaurus.

#1's my best reward. I totally dig the cd, especially Chances Are, the duet between Vonda Shepard and Robert Downey Jr.

I'm getting a tiny dose of pre-work jitters.
An absurd twist in my daydreaming made me wonder how much less jittery I would be if I were to do my attachment in a f&b establishment.

I've been reading through the materials Sentosa sent me, and some of the works are exemplary, with excellent vocabulary and grammar. I'm starting to feel inferior in my language.
Of course, I can always comfort myself by saying I am just an intern and thus not expected to be that well-versed, but that is not an acceptable excuse for myself. I definitely plan on earning my keep.

A new issue of Her World is waiting for me. Don't particularly enjoy the content, but I'll needing all the help I can get for a 6-month-long office wear wardrobe. Ideas ideas!

No comments: