Saturday, February 26, 2005

Seeking Inner Peace

Seeking Inner Peace

So much has happened in the span of one week, I feel like I've gone through a month's worth of events and happenings.

One highlight was meeting up with my bitch on Sunday. Though time wasn't on our side, and we two shopaholics were more caught up in shopping than catching up, it felt nice enough to spend time with her. :) I bought two tops, black and hot pink in the exact same design, only to find out when I wore the black one on Tuesday that they were way too big for me. Funny how I didn't realise that in the fitting room. Size 8's the smallest Dorothy Perkins offers. It's a ploy to make me wanna get fat. No, I'm not gonna succumb to that, haha. Oh, and I bought a Fossil watch set too, after procrastinating for two years each time I had my angbao money. Love it.

Caught A Long Engagement and Hide and Seek with Shaun. I was pretty lost during the former. After hearing too many French names, I gave up trying to match the names to the faces. Hide and Seek was the usual psycho thriller that had sudden booming noises and gory scenes. I liked the latter better, despite the gore. Lol.

Here's the exciting part - SIP:

On Thursday afternoon, I bumped into Qiyuan from TM, who told me that we'd fail SIP if we didn't get a placement by next Saturday. It was definitely not music to the ears, especially since I'd only gone for 3 interviews without offers. Started panicking like crazy and feeling extremely depressed when I was told Karin got the offer from Vox, the company whose interview I thought I did pretty well at.

Lady luck seemed to be on my side on Friday though. I was offered a position at TTG on the spot, though the HR manager told me that I'd probably not be doing any writing, but be put in exhibitions. Joy didn't flood me like I expected it to. I was happy that I got a placement, but not happy about the placement. It was more of relief actually.
Sentosa interview for Communications in the afternoon. Rumours about 30 people fighting for 1 position at proved untrue, for the Communications department at least. Well, I nailed the job, and I get to write! :D The job scope's basically everything I could have asked for.
So I'm officially the island girl, aka communications intern. Heh. Pure happiness flooded me when Belinda from HR told me I got the job. Pure happiness. And if things can't get any better, Cat's nailed the event sales position! Guess we'll be lunching at Saffron in TAS pretty often eh? Heh.

Called TTG up to reject her offer, and she didn't sound too satisfied that I'd chosen Sentosa over them. She was even willing to expose me in Media, but ah well, too late. Sentosa Sentosa! :)
Then, Vox called me up, telling me I'd gotten the job. Guess I was their second choice. Couldn't help feeling abit sour, but ah, at least I'm not that bad. :)

Had a long talk with SOS last night, after our prata and teh-tarik dinner. Sigh. The ambiguity and confusion's killing us, but we gotta live with that I guess. What really warmed my heart was realising how much our friendship meant to each other, and that solid foundation's priceless. And I'm really happy that he's got a placement in Raffles. :)

My despondent state on Thursday made me realise how lucky I was to have people like Jason around me, someone I could really depend on. Thanks for coming down late in the night and early in the morning to help me with my SIP stuff, I really appreciate it. :)
Lunched with him today at Fisherman's Wharf, after which we walked around Clarke Quay, Funan and Great World City. I'm enjoying the comfortable company.
Bummed around in town with Joseph and co. for awhile in the night, and here I am back at home, trying to get my hands on a Saffron Service portfolio template. Argh.

No comments: