Wednesday, February 09, 2005

My Digital Photobook

My Digital Photobook

On this balmy late afternoon
I scrolled through my digital photobook
Unintentionally I chanced upon
Our memories captured on film


I can still see the vivid scene
Of you in your white button shirt and long cream pants
The bus ride home on 166
And how it felt like we'd never come to an end


No matter how spotty your face
Or how huge your belly became
I would have loved you
I would have loved you just the same


And so I closed my eyes and took a walk
An indulgent stroll down memory lane
Funny how it seemed like it was just yesterday
For a moment, I was in love again


But when I opened my eyes
Reality hit me in the face
The man in the past I gave my whole heart to-
Only traces of him remain


No matter how spotty your face
Or how huge your belly became
I was willing to love you
I would have loved you just the same


I no longer know the present you
But the sweet memories will stay
And once in a while I'd take a look
In my digital photobook


I came up with part of the song in my half-awake state on the cab ride home. All the house-hopping and angbao-collecting has left me exhausted. Slightly conflicting emotions were evoked in me as I read your message this morning, for it's been awhile since you were so honest about your feelings. I happened to see the pictures we took at the initial stages of our courtship, and this warm and fuzzy emptiness filled my heart.

We are different people from who we used to be. I would really have loved you, but it is difficult to love someone I no longer know, don't you think? :)
Some memories are better left in the past, no matter how sweet they may be. 'Cos that's all there is left of us - memories.

All the New Year pastries have worsened the state of my buddha belly, although it was slightly comforting to hear that my dear friend polished off a whole box of pineapple tarts. We are the unfortunate vicitims who have succumbed to the seductive allure of the very tempting pineapple tart, lol!

I'd be uploading some snaps taken today shortly. Till then, I'm hoping the sleepiness will pass me by, and in its place, motivation to jog. Bye bye buddha belly. I am so determined to rid myself of you.
By the way, I just noticed that my mom and I have the habit of rubbing people's bellies. Lol.

No comments: