Friday, February 04, 2005

Fairytales and Castles

Fairytales and Castles

I had another of my laughing attacks tonight - non-stop from Bedok to Cityhall. Started off when the Dirty Old Man looked like he was walking as if his hips were dislocated. Lol. Boy, I sure was an embarrassment on the train, but I doubt I'd ever see those people again.

I felt a little tug on my heart when I watched u slip and fall, and for the first time in awhile, I missed you. But amidst that emotion, there was also a jigger of numbness; emptiness and a whole lot of resignation.

I missed your "oh yeah"s and your signature cheeky grin.

But I don't miss our relationship.

I've moved on, but I don't want to leave you behind. A cherished friend who knows me inside out.

I'm honestly okay. Because at the end of the day, you wouldn't be my fairytale, and I wouldn't want to return home to an empty castle.

No comments: