Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Beauty in Ambiguity

The Beauty in Ambiguity

So it's the first day of the lunar new year. I don't feel much of the festive spirit in the air. The only thing tangible about Chinese New Year would be my currently expanding belly. Put me, my brother and my dad together and it's hello Three Little Pigs, lol! Our poison for the evening was an absolutely sinful concoction of pineapple tarts and bak kwa.

Went shopping at Raffles City and Parco Bugis in the afternoon with CH. I wanted to get my eyebrows trimmed, but I couldn't seem to find a place for that. I spent the last minutes into the lunar new year trimming my own brows. Interesting, no? Haha.

Anyway, I found CH this wicked linen mandarin-collared shirt. It was a steal at $15, and it made him look like a beach hunk. Nice. I tried on a couple of dresses too, mostly floral ones. I looked pregnant in most of them. I seriously think it's my evil belly's fault. Argh. I think I should live on nothing but air and water for the next three days, lol. As if!
CH went "wow" when I put on my first dress, not because I looked gorgeous or anything, but because "I never imagined you'd wear a dress. Looks so different ah."
I think I've been too much of a tomboy. I shall try to act feminine or something. -shudders-

Reunion dinner was simple but good. I like this mini affair, before Thursday's full-blown party. My bitch would be in Malaysia this time around, so there would be no Holland Village escape from the chaotic mess my house would be in. Why holidays of all times babe?!

Had the usual sibling talk with my brother after dinner, over even more bak kwa and pineapple tarts. We're hopeless I tell you. I basically updated him on everything that has been going on in my life, and like most people, his eyes widened when I revealed the BIG change. Ah. But they all agreed it was for the better. :)
I love talking to him. We're so full of shit when we get together, and it's always great to get his two cents' worth on how I live my life.

Time just flew us by as I listened to his love stories. You know, my brother is the ultimate epitome of a playboy turned good. In his younger days, he had it all - the looks and the killer charm. It was girl after girl, fling after fling, until he met my sis-in-law. There is hope for us girls after all eh? Lol.

After what I heard about you last night, my otherwise good impression of you has been tarnished. A part of my heart still refuses to believe that you're capable of doing such a thing, but the facts are right in my face. I obviously don't know you as well as I thought I did. I'm glad I was paranoid and doubtful, because I had every right to be.

What a thing to say to someone on CNY eh? Hrmph.

Off to bed. Looking forward to the other tangible aspect of Chinese New Year (apart from my belly that is) - the ang baos! Night world. :)

No comments: