Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Closures and Beginnings

Final Closure

I think I've reached my limit for exhaustion. I distinctly remember charging my handphone on the computer table last night, telling myself there was no way I'd be unable to wake up in the morning as I'd have to walk to my phone to switch off the alarm. Next thing I know, it was 730 am, and I had to be in school by 9. (I live more than an hour from school by the way.) I've got a vague impression of me unplugging the charger and trudging back to bed. Lol.

Had a short heart-to-heart with Irene C after our POM meeting. We used to be so close when we were working together on our IFB project last year. Swimming, tanning, gymming, makaning... Those were the days.
Had a gossip lunch with the girls at Engine, after which we took our gossiping to the library. I've missed them. :)

The interview at Singapore Philatelic Museum went alright. My first choice would be TTG Asia Media, if they want me. SPM's training programme sounds good, and I like the people there. I like the GM's accent - like a mixture of Indonesian and Peranakan. Only drawbacks are I'd have to start my internship mid-April and end it on time like everybody else; and there's the whole SPSS computer program. Now I wish I'd paid more attention in Applied Research.

Finally visited my dad's cafe and boy, is it beautiful. I'd expected a small, plainly decorated deli; not a spacious zenish tropical-themed cafe! Sat in the meeting my brother was having with Singapore Press Holdings regarding some bridal exhibition; as well as in another with a florist regarding the cafe's interior. I am so proud of my dad and my brother. Really.

Stood at the bus-stop talking to my brother till night fell. We were there from almost 7 till past 8. I love talking to him. He's so neutral, he loves me, and he gives great advice.
Mom cornered me the moment I got home, asking me about the BIG change, and why I didn't tell her about it. She's been worried I guess, that I was hiding my unhappiness or something. Talked to my sis too. It's been awhile. I feel blessed. :)

It was a final closure for me this morning, when I told you I'd rather you hear it from me than from anyone else.

I hope I'd be able to plan my time on Saturday. Justin's sailing away on Sunday. We prolly wouldn't have time to catch Million Dollar Baby, considering there's Open House, but I definitely wanna meet up with him.

I just had dinner, and it's ten-ish now. My buddha belly is so gonna thank me for this - it'll balloon tomorrow. Act 3 interview tomorrow. I'm sleepy. Night world.

No comments: