Monday, February 21, 2005

A Saturday Getaway

A Saturday Getaway

Justin's supposed to have sailed away yesterday morning, but there was apparently some fault with the ship, thus his journey's delayed. It was nice spending Saturday hanging out with him - a mini getaway of sorts from my whirling thoughts.

We caught Million Dollar Baby, a dark and depressing show that somehow got to me. A refreshing change's that there wasn't any romance involved in the show - a cliched trick that gets us hooked everytime. Kinda heavy a film, but dosed with enough heart-wrenching scenes to make an arty-farty-wannabe like me say, "Mmmm." Lol!

Walked from Plaza Singapura to Robertson Quay where I finally got to see the people barbecuing outside the porch of their houses by the river, something Justin had been telling me about. I remember I once mentioned I am searching for that feeling. Well honey, the feeling's telling me that I so wanna live there in the future. The whole ambience is kinda A Walk To Remember-ish, and come on, what can be more romantic than barbecuing by the river, bathed in the warm glow of the setting sun?

Chanced upon a Beachside Bar on our way to Robertson - a funky bar with sun chairs laid out by the river. I wonder if people actually tan there in the day, lol. Re-dressed my wound in the middle of nowhere, and I distinctly remember him telling me that my wound looks like pizza. Yucks. Haha.

Dinner was at Fisherman's Wharf, a shophouse opposite Clarke Quay, selling fish & chips at $6.50. I'm not a fish & chips fan, but it was good stuff. Simply decorated place, but cozy nonetheless. I believe I have influenced him with my rapper-style. We've even come up with our own 4-step "handshake" that ends up with us hammering our hearts. Funny how the people on tv don't have to concentrate as hard as we do to greet each other.

Good conversation, good food, great company and loads of laughter. The day with Justin has reminded me that my life doesn't revolve around the choices I have to make, but around comfortable friendships like his as well.

No comments: