Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Hello Stranger

Hello Stranger

I feel isolated from blogging. I don't know why, but I've been exhausted recently. My brain has developed this automatic shut-off mode at 23:00, and I start mumbling nonsense thereafter. Lol.

This is gonna be a short entry, 'cos it is a race against time. I'm currently in the school lab, having completed my T&T quiz. Did pretty well, considering I didn't quite study. :)

Attended Norah Jones' concert at Suntec on Sunday night. Ah. I don't know if she really is that accomplished a singer, but listening to her live felt no different from listening to her CD. It was that perfect.

The highlight for me was when she sang "What Am I To You". The familiar tune and lyrics brought back forgotten emotions and opened the floodgates. The tears flowed. Thank God the convention hall was pitch dark.

Jones has got a quirky sense of humour, just like me! Which explained why I was one of the few laughing at her jokes, amidst weird looks from Jason. She talked about dating Elmo from Sesame Street, and even asked us to sing along and put the "sing" into SINGapore. Lol. She's very much different from the brooding nerdy performer I expected her to be. Worlds apart. I like her.

And did I mention that one of her guitar players played like he was having a 5-minute orgasm? Haha!

I think we made the right decision last night. Giving up something momentarily fleeting for a friendship that means the world to me is the best thing I can ever do, I think. I've been handling things too wrong for too long. Time to get out of the rut babe.

Later peeps.

No comments: