Friday, March 25, 2005

Old World Charm

Old World Charm

My family dragged me out of bed to go down to this famous coffeeshop at Tiong Bahru for porridge breakfast. It was so crowded, we had to wait for almost an hour for our charcoal-cooked porridge to be served. I didn't think it was fantastic, but I loved the ambience though. It had this old-fashioned charm about it, very much like the kopitiams you see in the 60s. (No, I wasn't born then, but I watch TV okay.) The only thing missing was the porcelain cups the olden people use to serve coffee in. It kinda reminded me of the tiny kopitiam below my old house in Arab Street too, though I was too young then to remember intricate details.

Why are humans always competiting to outdo one another? Is the need for recognition and achievement really that great? I read about it on so many blogs, and I hear the hidden messages behind so many conversations.
I don't wanna comment much. We are always faulting others for flaws we ourselves are usually guilty of but oblivious to.

Time to shower and change. Heading down to Harbour Front to finish revising for MEIT tomorrow.

No comments: