Thursday, March 24, 2005

Couch Potato Syndrome (CPS)

Couch Potato Syndrome (CPS)

My back is aching and I feel lethargic, after spending 8 hours on the couch (minus bathing time). I have fallen victim to the highly addictive CPS. It comes with horrible side effects, like snacking, and snacking, and snacking. Anything to move a muscle, and which is better than the mouth? Actually, I don't know if our mouths are considered muscles.

The haze is terrible, especially in the mornings. It really gets me sneezing, non-stop at that. And so, despite the brilliant sunlight that somehow managed to pierce its way through the thick smokey haze, I decided to forgo an afternoon at Sentosa, and spend some time in front of the telly instead.
Opportunity cost? A gorgeous tan, but I've also decided that it is time I started taking the effects of sun damage seriously. Not so much the wrinkles and dark spots bit, but the whole skin cancer issue.

It wasn't so bad. I ate; I read; I watched cartoons on Nickelodeon, and I prolly had MTV overdose. There weren't as many sitcoms as I would have liked.
Well, I got a little bored towards the end of the evening, with an insane urge to have fish & chips. (Told you about the side effects.) Fishermen's Wharf fish & chips.

Speaking of fishes, which remind me of beaches, I have yet to sort out the whole beach holiday fiasco.

Missy Higgins - Scar

He left a card, a bar of soap
And a scrubbing brush next to a note
That said "use these down to your bones"
And before I knew I had shiny skin
And it felt easy being clean like him
I thought "this one knows better than I do"

A triangle trying to squeeze through a circle
He tried to cut me so I'd fit

And doesn't that sound familiar?
Doesn't that hit too close to home?
Doesn't that make you shiver
The way things could've gone?
And doesn't it feel peculiar
When everyone wants a little more?
And so that I do remember
To never go that far
Could you leave me with a scar?

So the next one came with a bag of treats
She smelled like sugar
And spoke like the sea
And she told me don't trust them
Trust me

Then she pulled at my stitches one by one
Looked at my insides clicking her tongue
And said "This will all have to come undone"

A triangle trying to squeeze through a circle
She tried to cut me so I'd fit

And doesn't that sound familiar?
Doesn't that hit too close to home?
Doesn't that make you shiver
The way things could've gone?
And doesn't it feel peculiar
When everyone wants a little more?
And so that I do remember
To never go that far
Could you leave me with a scar?


I think I realized just in time
Although my old self was hard to find
You can bathe me in your finest wine
But I'll never give you mine
'Cos I'm a little bit tired of fearing that
I'll be the bad fruit nobody buys
Tell me, did you think we'd all dream the same?

And doesn't that sound familiar?
Doesn't that hit too close to home?
Doesn't that make you shiver
The way things could've gone?
And doesn't it feel peculiar
When everyone wants a little more?
And so that I do remember
To never go that far
Could you leave me with a scar?

Could you leave me with a scar?

I like Missy Higgins. She looks like a cross between Mandy Moore and Julia Stiles, with a dash of bohemia thrown in. Nice.
The video for Scar showed her playing on a really old piano that was falling apart. Kinda reminded me of my own, haha.

Alright, off to watch more TV. Chase is coming up, on Channel 5.

P.s. Ain't this a colourful entry?
I'm doing colour association, associating each paragraph with the colours I feel represent the content.
For example, Missy Higgins reminds me of purple, thus the purple lyrics. And beach holidays remind me of sunsets, thus the orange. Yada yada yada. :)

No comments: