Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Havana Nights

Havana Nights

I'm playing Con Quien by Havana Soul right now - perfect beach music. Kinda ironic though, the recent gloomy weather makes me feel all Christmasy. Sweaters instead of sarongs. Lol.

On Sunday, after digging out the big world map I stashed away as a kid, for a pre-t&t exam crash course on countries, I realised that there is actually a place called Havana, and that it isn't some exotic sounding name created for the show Havana Nights. Near/In Cuba.

The geography idiot speaks again. :)

Ziggy Marley - Drive

Who's gonna tell you when it's too late
Who's gonna tell you things aren't so great

You can't go on
Thinking nothing's wrong
Who's gonna drive you home tonight

Who's gonna pick you up when you fall
Who's gonna hang it up when you call

Who's gonna pay attention to your dreams
Who's gonna plug their ears when you scream


You can't go on
Thinking nothing's wrong
Who's gonna drive you home tonight

Who's gonna hold you down when you shake
Who's gonna come around when you break

I said you can't go on
Thinking nothing's wrong
Who's gonna drive you home tonight.

As I sat staring out of the glass panels at Burger King, I asked myself what I was trying to do, and if I really wanted you to go.
No, I didn't want that.
But I couldn't help freaking out on you either.

As much as I hate to admit it, there's something more beneath the comfortable familiarity.
A package that comes with dependence and a whole lot of incontrollable emotions.
That scares the shit out of me.


Oh yes, a brilliant ending to the day was catching Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous. Oh mama, that show is hilarious. It had me, as well as the middle-aged man beside me in stitches. And yes, it had his wife and Jason looking pretty embarrassed by our laughter as well. My favourite was the scene at the old folks' home, when Sandra Bullock was pretending to be an old lady, and her gay stylist cum "son" enquired about euthanasia services. H-I-L-A-R-I-O-U-S. :) Now go watch.

No comments: