Monday, April 25, 2005

Slipping Back Into Routine

Back From the "Great" Outdoors

I've finally decided to pop Kitaro's cd into my player.
(This will not be a philosophical entry. The heat has fried my brains.)

The 3-day Outdoor Wedding Show is finally over. If you think being under a flimsy tent under the scorching heat isn't enough, try wearing black formal pants. It was the ultimate sweat-athon for all of us. All three nights, I couldn't wait to jump into the shower to wash off the day's accumulated stickiness.

It was quite an experience actually, pitting ourselves against the various wedding service providers.
Got to chat with the girls from Esther Clinique (got myself a free eyebrow trim) and the photographers at the booth beside us; exchanged fruits and drinks with the staff of Mercure Hotel; and made friends with the people from Purple Romance gifts. Saw Vernetta Lopez at her booth, Freesia & Cream too. She's rather gorgeous in real life.

Spending 3 days under the close to unbearable heat has made me decide to avoid the sun until my beach holiday next Monday.

Countdown to SIP Launch: 34 hours
Countdown to official attachment letter: God knows.

Returned to the gym this morning after a 6 day hiatus. It felt good to sweat it out (in gym wear) and to get the blood pumping. I attempted a Cindy Crawford exercise video last Friday that left my hamstrings aching till today. And she seemed to execute the one hour workout effortlessly without breaking a sweat. It's no wonder she's a supermodel, lol.

Lunched with Jason at Thai Express, and bumped into Mr. Sick Child Joseph at Heeren where we were going to source for CD deals. That guy's still the same SK II model, lol.
Headed home after that to fall asleep on the couch. Woke up just in time to watch Hey Arnold. Love that cartoon. Spent most of my evening watching 2 hours of hilarious sitcoms - Some show on Channel 5 I can't remember; F.R.I.E.N.D.S.; Still Standing and Grounded For Life. All hail the couch potato!

Spent less than 30 minutes practising for tomorrow's piano lesson. It almost slipped my mind again, haha. Think my teacher would have been really pissed if that were to happen. It'd have been the third time, haha. I'm kinda bored of my exam pieces and scales and rondos. Sigh.

The in-laws are coming over for dinner tomorrow. I wonder if I'll have time to disguise the debris in my room. Like my primary school teacher would have said, "It looks like a tornado has swept through it, leaving a trail of destruction behind." Lol.

I've finally finished the huge bag of M&Ms Green Bear got me. Feeling a little sick now actually. Haha. Like they say, too much of a good thing ain't good.

Off to brush my teeth. Night world. :)

No comments: