Friday, April 22, 2005

The Other Four-Lettered Word

One is the f-word profanity I'm sure we are all familiar with; and the other, a less obscene opposite.
Say, if you hate someone, you'd go, "F*** you."
But, if you like someone, you'd go, "Love you."

Almost every blog I've visited recently has got an entry about love - in love; out of it; wanting it; wanting to get out of it. It's kinda brain-washing actually, so I figured I'd give my two cents worth as well.

I've been reading the blogs of a lesser-known public figure and his wife, (yah, I'm kaypoh, so what?) and amidst all the angst about love around me, their entries are like a sanctuary, forming a cage against the terrible notions of love. It is a realisation that idealism does exist. :)

Despite being a romantic at heart, idealism has its limits stretched in the romance novels I savour. Perfect woman; handsome man; no lying; no cheating; no problems at all. And if that ain't idealistic enough, the lady, even after childbirth, still remains a sexy siren who has her husband enraptured forever. Wow. Haha. But it is this bubblegum sweetness that keeps me hooked, for everybody needs a little something to believe in.

What is love to you? This question is the ultimate epitome of ambiguity. Ponder upon it.
Common answers include
"An elderly couple holding hands." and
"Giving him the cream side of an Oreo."


I had a tarot reading done last July at a beach carnival when I was having pretty bad relationship problems, and I asked for advice if I should stay or go. I shan't go into detail, but the cards actually foretold the future. I remember picking out the card of a page, and below's the gist of conversation from my memory.
Lady: "This means there is someone out there whom you'll have a lasting relationship with."
Me: "Where?"
Lady: "Near."
Me: "So it means I should give up on my current relationship?"
Lady: "It's your call, but time apart would do good." -gestures to the Patience card-


A notion struck me just as I was about to leave the booth.
Me: "Could the page be my current boyfriend?"
Lady: "It's not impossible, but you have to be patient."


I am not a believer of such readings, but I can't deny the fact that the reading was pretty accurate. Driving each other nuts; temptation; time apart... been there, done that! Haha.

I stopped believing in love for a period of time, doing whatever I could to encage myself and nurse my wounds. That period of abstinence is over though, lol.

Love is all about the little things, unique to every relationship.
The way he rubs his eye; the way she wrinkles her nose; the way you both look out for each other when crossing the road.
Love is a cliche, as well as a double-edged sword.
In exchange for love, you lose your independence.
In exchange for trust, you gain dependence.

Love nurtures as people grow.
Love to me is like a box of Godiva pralines - comfort food at its best. :)

No comments: