Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A New Chapter: Main Comm No More

A New Chapter: Main Committee No More

I know, the title really is cheesy, but I can't think of a more appropriate one.

Today was the day the main committee of HTMIG AY04/05 officially stepped down. It was a torrent of emotions for me - anxiety; grief; joy; regret; relief; and I hate to say this, indifference.
When we stepped up to our posts last year, I was almost certain I would cry my heart out when the time came for me to step down. Then again, things almost never stay the same.

The 2 years I've spent in the HTMIG has probably moulded me more than poly life ever would. The memories are bittersweet - a mixture of good and bad. But at the end of the day, the good stands out, as the bad fades away.
As Fagan and I conducted the election today, it felt as if it was just yesterday that I was a timid sub-comm member who was afraid to speak my mind.
I can hardly believe that the days of chionging activity preparations till late into the night; late dinners opposite school; and a whole lot of bonding are now over. HTMIG was and will always be a major milestone in my life.
I'll miss my 7 other now ex-main comm members more than anybody else. :)

And the souvenir from the sub-committee touched my soul. At times, I felt like I made the worst vice-president ever, but some words made me sit up and go, "Was I really that good?"

HTMIG Main Committee AY 05/06, the ball is in your court. :)

Oh my, this is getting sappy.

Attended the SIP Launch in the morning, and it sure did hype me up for my internship. I can barely wait till I begin my stint at the Communications department in Sentosa!
It really is a miraculous opportunity, for writing has got little to do with hospitality. That is why I am really grateful to be able to live out this dream on a hospitality internship program.
Then again, I don't wanna count my chickens before they hatch. But that doesn't mean I'm gonna start my SIP prepared for the worst. I'm gonna start it with an open mind.

I borrowed a book from Toa Payoh Library today, using Jason's card. (I have yet to pay my fines, haha.)
The book's titled... Sweet Valley Twins and Friends - Boys Against Girls.

Call me childish if you wish, but Sweet Valley is the best series I have ever read in my entire life. I was absolutely devastated when they stopped publications.
One day, when I am bloody loaded, I'll pay up to thousands for the whole series, if I can find it that is.

I'm running on my energy reserves actually. I couldn't get to sleep till past midnight, and considering that I had to be up at 5.45 in the morning, I am bushed.

Night world.

No comments: