Thursday, April 28, 2005

Even When Inspiration Doesn't Strike
Currently playing: Luther Vandross - Dance With My Father

The title says it all. I don't feel like I've got a prospective topic to blog about, but having spent 9 hours in front of the telly, I feel compelled to do something more constructive.

Let's start with something mundane.

I attempted the Reebok Sweat Factory dance video in the morning, before settling myself comfortably into the couch past noon.
Talked to my bitch for awhile, and sometime in the 5 minute conversation, she convinced me that we were going to bake strawberry muffins together during the weekend. Haha. I'd probably bring them as snacks on my bus-ride to Tioman.
Watched and practised yoga standing poses in the afternoon when my back started to feel stiff. In case you're wondering, I got my assortment of exercise videos while recce-ing Chinatown for S.T.U.M.P.E.D. I don't know if I'll ever play the video again; it's kinda slow moving.

The 30 minutes I spent doing yoga was the last of any prominent physical activity today. I was back on the couch till ten, lol.

Oh yes. I finally managed to watch the renowned Sleepless in Seattle. All the romantic flicks I've seen pale in comparison to it.

I've got a confession to make. I cried (came somewhat close to bawling actually) when Scott sang Luther Vandross' Dance With My Father. For once, I was appreciative of the emotion he put into his singing.
The song always gets to me, especially the part about his mom dying to dance with the father again.

And now, especially for you my reader, the lyrics.

Back when I was a child
Before life removed all the innocence
My father would lift me high
And dance with my mother and me
And then
Spin me around till I fell asleep
Then up the stairs he would carry me
And I knew for sure I was loved

If I could get another chance
Another walk, another dance with him
I'd play a song that would never ever end
How I'd love love love
To dance with my father again

When I and my mother would disagree
To get my way I would run from her to him
He'd make me laugh just to comfort me
Then finally make me do just what my momma said
Later that night when I was asleep
He left a dollar under my sheet
Never dreamed that he, would be gone from me

If I could steal one final glance
One final step
One final dance with him
I'd play a song that'd never never end
Cause I'd love love love, to dance with my father again

Sometimes I'd listen outside her
And I'd hear how my momma cried for him
I pray for her even more than me
I pray for her even more than me

I know I'm praying for much too much
But could you send back
The only man she loved.
I know you don't do it usually
But dear Lord she's dying
To dance with my father again

Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream.

My greatest fear in life is losing my loved ones. It's scary knowing that one day,they will no longer be part of my life anymore.

Some cheerful news on the other hand is that I am officially going off to Tioman for my holiday. Even my obstinate mother gave me the go-ahead today, just 3 days before I leave. I am quite a handful am I not? :)

No comments: