Friday, August 29, 2008

Two plus two makes four.

Two plus two makes four.

I'm feeling mighty good, for I clocked in a 35-minute run this morning. So the timing isn't that great for 5km, but it's the longest run I've done since the crappy allergy and stupid fall. Evan checked in on me today upon his return from Malaysia - what a dedicated volunteer coach! I'd love to finally meet up and buy him coffee one day, hopefully soon.






Thanks to Mathew Yap's MICA-style teaching, Thursdays are no longer a drab and instead quite a stress-free end to the school week. And I like nothing better to herald in the three-day weekend than a good night out after school on Thursdays. This week, it was with Fagan, whose heart-to-heart chats I've dearly missed.

We haven't had a proper long catch-up since I left for India, so we had ALOT to talk about. Over a Japanese curry dinner at Curry Favor Cafe, a shared souffle and chocolate hug mugs at Max Brenner's over at the Esplanade, and when they closed for the night we took our conversations to the riverfront. About our new love interests, our families, and investments (his, not mine).

After duly updating each other in detail on all that's new in our lives, our conversations revolved back around to life, love and its many unanswerable questions. One thing this confidante of mine always says is inspiring - "If life were so certain, what's the point in waking up everyday?"

Boyish Fagan has indeed grown up. It's been almost six years since we first met each other. Him with his floppy hair, and me with my ex-penchant for way-too-low-slung jeans (Thank goodness). And there are our other two partners-in-crime, both of whom are in Australia right now. Those BizPark lunches and Tampines Mall food court dinners seem like such distant memories! Can't escape the fact that we're done with growing up and are now slowly growing older.

It ain't that scary really, once you put it into perspective.

Am up for a spot of muffin baking tomorrow morning for the evening's movie screening/picnic at Fort Canning with Ceci and Jem. Crossing my fingers and toes for clear skies!

No comments: