Friday, August 08, 2008

Still alive.

Still alive.

Yes I am, despite slipping in and out of groggy sleep and watching in horror as the rashes lumped together to form bigger lumps, morphed into blue-blacks, and currently take the form of swelling limbs and too-sexy Marilyn Monroe puffy lips. It's the worse infection I've ever had, and the doctor said to let it run its course and let my body fight it.

Can you imagine my fear when I saw the bruises? I thought my veins were constricting and that I was gonna collapse blue and bloodless.

My family doctor sent me packing to A&E when I returned weaker and lumpier than before, and I had my first 1.5 hour stay in the observation ward as I awaited the results of my blood test. It was clear, but the two hugeass injections the laundry-detergent-smelling-doctor gave me knocked me out cold and gave me the most restful sleep I've had over the past several days.

My sincere apologies to the many unreplied sms-es. You either caught me in a wake-sleep transition, or at a time when my fingers were too swollen to type messages.

Thanks a lot for the love, for suggested house-visits which I've declined for your health (and my vanity haha), for keeping me in mind during project groupings, and for tirelessly sending me the lecture notes.

I love you, I love you, I love you.

No comments: