Monday, August 25, 2008

Ciggies no more.

Ciggies no more.

Earlier in class today, Gregory Tan told us about his friend who died of nose cancer. (He was smiling while recounting it, but i'll let that rest for now.) Jolted by the tale, I immediately wrote a Stickie on my Mac's desktop: "Get Berty to quit smoking!"

So when I came home to chat with B earlier, I told him about it all, and he said that he actually intends to quit once he comes to Singapore, and replace the ciggies with sports. He's not that heavy a smoker anymore, so hopefully it won't be too difficult. Minimal persuasion needed on my part, I'm happy!


image from http://sonofthesouth.net

As class ended early and I had a good half hour to go before I was due to meet B online, I strapped on my Asics and headed downstairs for a run. I wasn't sure the ankle would hold up, but I didn't want to let too much time pass for me to develop a phobia for outdoor running.

Needless to say, my eyes were working extremely hard to spot fallen fruit traps, and I managed to clock in a 3.55km run. Not too bad for a post-recovery trial! And though the hacking cough was non-existent throughout my almost half hour run, it's back now with a vengeance. Pffft.

I'm still feeling mighty pleased with today's accomplishments. 9 days till B arrives, and hopefully not that many before we finally get to meet!

No comments: