Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bali dreaming.

Bali dreaming.


Spoke to Desi in class earlier today, and she was telling me all about how gorgeous Lombok was. FYI, Lombok is an island near Bali, but comparatively untouched by tourism. I have my mind set on making a side trip there when I head to Bali in December. My Bali dream is all I have to keep me going through the subsequent days of too much writing, readings, churning out way too many essays, and the dreaded exams.

I'm exhausted, and in horrible need of a nap before my new piano class tonight. Having school from 9 a.m. till 8:30 p.m. is no joke, even with the ridiculous 6.5-hour break between. After a late dinner with CH at one of the prata shops outside after class last night, it was 10:45 p.m. when I finally trudged back home, weighed down by my Macbook and one too many texts. 10 more weeks of this, bless me.

Plonking in bed and falling asleep with my dinner hardly digested proved the old wives' tale of dreaming on a full stomach true. I spent the night dreaming that B and I were exchange students who were housed in a bungalow, and I was getting all jittery waiting for him to confess his love and adoration as he was going back to France that very day. It's almost as ridiculous as the dream he had of us hiding in a tree-house from the MICA director and eloping to Goa. Haha.

I'm a little nervous about tonight as I'll be teaching an older Caucasian lady who though having learnt piano for nine years when she was younger insists that she's in it for leisure. Don't even get me started on the embarrassingly bad state of my piano, which I've neglected since passing my Grade 8 practical exam yonks ago.

How glad am I that tomorrow's the last day of the school week for me, and that there is no Organizational Communications lecture thanks to Union Day? A late start and a movie date with the Spottiswoode boys after class. Need to unwind!

No comments: