Tuesday, October 31, 2006

You ain't lived life till you've gotten a sunburn.

You ain't lived life till you've gotten a sunburn.
feeling: exhausted
music: norah jones - come away with me

Saw a travel ad for Taman Negara in the papers at breakfast. And so, the family started reminiscing about the trip we took there a good ten years ago. Funny how some memories stay imprinted on your mind. The squish of hiking boots on wet soil. The darkness of the jungle when my dad fell and tore his muscle. The canopy walk.

I was perplexed as to why I had none of the bad hiking memories - "slippery"... "dangerous"... "so narrow"... - that haunted them, until my auntie revealed that one of my uncles had me up on his shoulders most of the time during the hikes. Lucky girl. I'd love to go back there and do it all on my own though, slippery trails and all.

I hope I don't come home traumatised like the folks though, haha. Then again it's hard to say - fear inevitably reigns with age. The older we get, the more we fear. Ain't life ironic? I wish I'd taken the liberty of prepubescence to do the things I'm scared of trying. This is ridiculous. I'm starting to sound like a sixty year old. I'm only twenty!

Spent a total of six hours on video editing. Ahh. The sweet sweet taste of satisfaction of watching our near-completed clip still lingers. I'm exhausted now. Thought I'd stay up a lil later and sleep in before tomorow's afternoon tutorial and swim. It's barely eleven now though. Maybe I'll toggle the plans and wake early. Hmm. Yawn.

No comments: