Sunday, October 08, 2006

Purple horizon.

Purple horizon.
feeling: relaxed
music: jason mraz - you and i both

I'd meant to blog yesterday in the afternoon, but I was lost in yet another of Norah Roberts' beautifully crafted worlds. My intended early morning Saturday run was, as usual, postponed to a late morning one. Instead of having Counting Crows' Accidentally in Love on repeat like I've done so for my past couple of runs, I had the band's Big Yellow Taxi as well as Michael Buble's Sway. I slowed the pace a little but took a longer route. Keeping my breathing even was not as bad as Daphne warned it could be, running in the haze. Can't say it was good for the lungs though.

I was tempted to spend the afternoon lazing around at home, but I'd promised myself I'd visit the library, so off I went in search for a piece of Norah Roberts' paradise. And home I came with it, along with a photobook which I intend to pore over the next weekend, once I'm done with Roberts' novel. Sorry Erwin, I'll get back to The Time Traveler's Wife soon - it's getting a little too much for my heavy heart.

All sense of time was lost the moment I started reading and I ended up being horribly late for my dinner gathering. I've missed this - losing myself in a fictitious world where things always turn out okay. I always come back to reality a bit more optimistic.

Dinner with half the IG gang was pleasant. Fifteen minutes into meeting them at Thai Express, I piped up and asked, "Are we going anywhere for dessert?" Their instantaneous reply was a "We were waiting for you to ask!" Am I that predictable?

Dessert anyway was the chocolate fondue at Haagen Daz. And they surprised me with a birthday mooncake! Haha. I'll upload the pictures back in hall; left my cable there. Bahs.

Headed down to Vivocity with Ceci, CH and Ken earlier today. We started talking about the tenderness of chicken parts when CH complained about his rubbery chicken dish. Here's a gist of how the conversation went.

Me: Maybe this chicken ran too much... that's why the meat's so tough.
Ken (the doctor-to-be): No no, do you know that the most tender part of a chicken is actually its thigh?
Me: Oh yah ah!
Ken: Yeah, and the least tender is the breast!
Ceci: Oh yah ah!
Ken: That's because the breast is the least exercised part. So you see, a chicken that runs alot and is very fit will actually be very tender. This is probably a chicken that didn't exercise at all la.
Ceci: -looking at me- so you will be very tender la!
CH: Then I can eat you.
CH: Think I will eat your thighs first.
Me: -addressing CH- I'm never getting stuck on an island with you.
At this moment, Ken bursts out laughing. His face turns a worrying shade of red, but he refuses to tell us what it is exactly he's laughing at. After a good ten minutes of persuasion (that involves confiscating his half-eaten chocolate cake), he finally relented.
Ken: She's got no breasts to be eaten.


ROFL.

Anyway, I'm predicting that Vivocity's gonna leave me bankrupt one day. Time to hit the shower, have dinner and pack my bag for another week in hall. This routine's getting a little tiring and it's a long week ahead.

No comments: