Sunday, October 29, 2006

The abstract workings of the inner mind.

The abstract workings of the inner mind.
feeling: relieved.

I'm finally done with the 108 Research Paper! What a HUGE load off my back. The rest of Sunday is mine, and mine alone.

It's been awhile since I'd spent an idyllic Saturday afternoon by the beach, and as I played a spot of frisbee and lounged beneath the coconut trees, I couldn't help but think that this was exactly how I'd envisioned my perfect Saturdays to be. Yet, getting what I'd always yearned for filled me not with contentment, but with an inexplicable bittersweetness. I wonder if it is human nature to only want what we cannot have?

A million abstract thoughts ran through my mind as I allowed it to drift with the lulling melody of the waves. I wish I'd brought a notebook along for I was filled with an intense urge to write, something I hadn't felt in awhile. Pity I cannot seem to recall any of the once-pressing thoughts.

Saw a red-faced chestnut vendor by the bridge at Harbour Front and all I could think was how he gave a whole new spin to the "chestnuts roasting on an open fire" verse in The Christmas Song. The song is probably singing about the warmth and comfort of an fireplace and roasting chestnuts on a cold winter's day, but here's the vendor in the sweltering tropics roasting chestnuts over a gas stove. Kinda comical huh? Haha. He would have made a winning Kodak moment, and I would have whipped out my camera if he hadn't seemed so hot and bothered.

Caught the Oh in Ohio post-beaching. Although the film revolved around the theme of sex and weirdly, how finally achieving an orgasm transformed a woman's life; many underlying elements (non-sexual ones, thank you very much) made it relatable to life. It's interesting and actually true how saying no to the past can actually transform one's life. You will probably I'm speaking Greek until you watch it for yourself. It ain't excellent, the film, but it is different.

I'm slowly getting there. It's too early to say, but I think I am slowly getting there.

No comments: