Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Candy colored beach huts.

Candy colored beach huts.
feeling: refreshed, sleepy, overwhelmed
music: jem - stay now


A friend asked me if I was really alright, or if my recent spate of goofiness was an attempt to disguise my unhappiness. Another friend then asked how it was possible for me to go on with life as though nothing was wrong.

It may seem so, but I am not hiding behind a facade. At least not to my knowledge. I can't lie and say that I'm on top of the world, but I won't go all depressed and say life sucks. In fact, I think life has dealt me pretty good cards.

If my day today was replayed ala a Kodak filmstrip, top moments would probably be the laughs I shared in the toilet with my neighbours earlier; having my roomie fuss over me running alone; and my run in solitude. Such simple pleasures are seldom reflected upon and appreciated, but when they are, you'll realise that life really is wonderful.

And maybe I am just blessed with the knack to push the bad thoughts away for long enough before indulging in a good wallow or two. At least hauntings don't happen daily.

My emotional state aside, I had a life-altering moment in Tuesday's lecture. While watching Kunnie present a case study on the 2004 tsunami, I stared at the picture of the devastated beach huts in the news article and dreamt. I thought of having my own beach huts at some Asian beach.. living the beach life I've always wanted and doing what I love - meeting and talking to people. I thought of how I was gonna get press coverage, and even came up with an elaborate plan to woo investors. And then it struck me - what the heck was I doing in Communication Studies? Continuing in Hospitality would have given me the in-depth knowledge I'd need. Or I could take a huge risk and start the gamble without a degree. Excuse. Bound. Urghs.

Anyway I'm quite proud of myself. After so many weeks of relaxing 10-15 laps in the pool, I did 30 laps yesterday, which kinda proves it's all in the mind really. My abs are aching quite a bit, and the harried run earlier has left me with achey knots in my shoulders.

Night world.

No comments: