Monday, October 30, 2006

Wildlife's helpless spectator.

Wildlife's helpless spectator.

I trudged up the path home after my morning run, my strained legs barely nimble enough to avoid stepping on the ant-festered carcass of a frog. The words "food chain" flitted across my mind.

Fast forward an hour and a half. En-route to the train station, I came across a crow feeding on the bloodied carcass of yet another frog. The shudder shook my core.

I was reminded of the dismembered remains of a carcass I almost tripped on a couple of years back on my run through the forest trail. I haven't been into that trail more than twice since.

I cannot prevent the digust, but I do accept that this is life.

On an entirely different bloodless note, here's something worth pondering. Someone whom I've always thought of as independent expressed surprise when I told her I occasionally go to the beach on my own. She then confessed that it was something she'd always wanted to do 'cept for the fear of being alone in such "open spaces". Now, I don't think I'll be entirely comfortable being alone in a crowded foodcourt though. Let me figure that one out.

53 (now, 52) days to Christmas as Cass' nick informs. Vivocity has started a mini Christmas decorations fair, and I think it wouldn't be long before the usual malls on Orchard do the same, if they haven't already done so. I haven't stepped foot in town ever since Vivocity opened its doors, haha.

Recurrent rain. Today was yet another wet day. The slight bite of the cool air; the lulling patter of rain; and the carols playing on Imran's laptop. It's beginning to feel like Christmas.

No comments: