Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Sniffles and snuffles.

The gypsy in you.
feeling: weak

A mixture of vulnerability from falling ill and a sudden rampage of emotions left me quite the wreck yesterday. My evening was a blur of sniffles, tears and wooziness. After weeks of outtalking others with my logic and careful analysis, my heart finally fell captive. Unexpected tears hit me hard when the battle between heart and logic raged.

Ignoring the bond was impossible as we sat there in the quiet room, talking and crying together as the day slipped into night. How easy it is to blindly slip back into routines past and believe that everything will be okay. How tempting it is to feed the heart with blind optimism, and how painful it is to deny its cry. Blind optimism doesn't belong in reality unfortunately, and as much as the heart denies it, the truth is that we have to do this on our own.

As much as I'd like to channel the pain into anger at the gypsy in you; I can't, for perhaps I am starting to find the gypsy in me. And she understands and needs this logical choice as much as you do.

Ambiguity has ceased to exist. Amidst it all comes the realization that we will never ever be the same.

No comments: