Monday, July 17, 2006

Sunsets and drawstring pants

Sunsets and drawstring pants
music: kitaro - dance of sarasvati

I caught The Mistress of Spices today. I'd heard about the book and I was looking forward to seeing it on film. I personally felt that the movie relied too much on the use of booming music and sound effects, and I knew that Jason was bored from the way he was fidgeting. Bad choice of film.

How many times have you read "dress to express your individuality" or "you are what you dress" in fashion magazines? I don't know how and I don't know when but I've realised that I have unconsciously swopped my favoured drawstring pants and sarong wrap skirts for jeans. Have I been urbanized?

Hit the beach for a good run and some good old fashioned baking in the sun. Back when I was swimming thrice a week and the "you're damn chaota!" remarks came too often for comfort, I stocked up on bottles of sunblocks of SPF 25 and above. Well, I've since stopped being so dilligent about hitting the pool and when I rummaged through my beauty closet for tanning lotion, I found none. I'm morphing into a stranger.

That does it. I will put on my drawstrings tomorrow. I'd actually been thinking of having an early night and waking up at dawn to do some yoga and stretching to sort out the pain in my back, but considering that it's midnight now... Haha. I think mid-morning stretches will suffice. Night world.

No comments: