Sunday, July 16, 2006

For the love of life

For the love of life
feeling: optimistic
music: norah jones - sunrise

After a good five months of retarded tick-tocking, my life seems to be picking up pace. My university life starts in exactly three weeks and for the coming 21 days, even slacking has gained some purpose. About time, I say!

My Sunday passed by quickly enough. Met up with Ceci to check out the Shape carnival (disappointing) and to grab a quick bite, zipped down to finalize Bintan details and collect the tickets, then finally stopped by Island Creamery for the meet-up with a couple of my OG mates. After hearing so much hype about it, I got my hands (or rather, my tongue) on the Teh Tarik ice cream. Not lip-smacking, but quite yum.

I think I've ingested a week's worth of sugar (plus junk) over this weekend. I had a Nutella sandwich for lunch and pizza for dinner while at Jason's yesterday, and instead of getting some proper chow while catching up with Ken and CH over supper, I munched on Ken's wine gums and dried out a whole bottle of mango tea. Not very healthy choices at 1 in the morning I think. Then came today's ice-cream overdose. Ecks. I'm nowhere close to the recommended 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily. -snigger.

Anyway, Monday marks the start of a new week. Don't tell me about Sunday being the first day of a new week. I've never quite warmed up to that idea. I intend on eating a little less junk and getting a little more exercise. Haven't been very zealous about my workouts of late and I'm quite ready to get back into the swing, starting with tomorrow's run at Sentosa with Lanxi. Speaking of running, I can't quite believe Ceci and I forgot to sign up for today's Shape run. So much for our initial enthusiasm woman!

It's almost midnight and I'm not feeling a wee bit sleepy. Darn sugar high. Bet I'll feel the complete opposite when I'm strapping on my running shoes tomorrow.

No comments: