Sunday, July 09, 2006

Soul searching.

Soul searching.

These past couple of days haven't been the best. Having been home-ridden for a good two days with a bad bout of the flu, I convinced myself that I was well enough to join my gossip girls for last night's ketchup session. The medication, coupled with the natural wooziness that comes with being ill, nearly got my spaced-out self killed whilst crossing the road to Mr. Bean Cafe. My near-death hasn't quite sunk in yet.

Physical incapabilities aside, I had what I deem to be an enlightening conversation with the one closest to me. I don't typically accept things at face value and pure curiosity usually has me probing for the whys and hows. The cloud of confusion that has plagued me for a good month or so is finally lifting. As much as I wanted to hear the answers to the future, I couldn't find any when I searched deep within. Though it kinda sucks having an empty ache where naive optimism used to reside, I understand that the need for the maze of uncertainty is one we cannot deny.

One of my hot flushes (comes with the flu) had me up at two-ish in the morning. Instead of counting sheep or backwards from 1000, I made up a poem and fell asleep somewhere between the seventh and eighth line. I worked on it abit more while on the bus this morning and here's what I have.

Lightning streaks across the sky
Power through its lair
Thunder rumbles in a heartbeat
Rain hangs in the air

Standing in the centre
Of love's lush canopy
Yearning for the sunshine
After this bittersweet symphony

I must stress that this is copyrighted. I remember seeing one of my blog entries copied and pasted in whole on some chick's blog a couple of years back. And she even had the cheek to make it seem like her own. I gave her a good chiding of course and had her take it off. That incident however has deterred me enough to almost never post up any of my songs and poems.

No comments: